Friday, November 1, 2013

Peacock in the neighborhood

I'm amazed at all the animals (and now birds) that just seem to roam around this city.  Several of us were walking though our neighborhood the other night after work headed to the local grocery story when we happened upon this peacock just roaming around.



I'm not sure why these things surprise me anymore.  Seeing this peacock certainly seems much more normal than what we experienced last night in our taxi coming home...2 large, long horn steers (I'm not lying..I couldn't make this up!) were roaming though traffic and nearly side swiped our taxi with their huge horns as they decided to charge across the street.  It was getting dark so I didn't have my camera out to get the picture.  But I have my 2 teammates as witnesses!  This place is crazy!  More and more I'm beginning to chalk things up to the local expression "Welcome to Africa!". 

#ibmcsc senegal

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, what an amazing experience you are living these days! I am sure you are finding meaning in this adventure and gaining a totally whole different perspective of what it is like living in developing countries. I know you are enjoying every second of it!

    ReplyDelete