Friday, October 11, 2013

Thursday, October 10th - Departure Day!

Today is departure day!!  The butterflies in my stomach from the day before were raging in the morning.  It felt a bit surreal that this day has finally come....I`ve been anticipating it since July 2012 when I found out I had been accepted into the CSC.  When I arrived at Washington Dulles Airport for the last leg of my flights, I finally meet 2 colleagues - Dean and Suren - who have been merely voices over the phone for the past 3 months of preparation for Senegal.  I take comfort in knowing that I`ll be with them given our flight arrives at 5:45AM in Dakar and it`s sure to still be dark outside. 

Oh...and did I mention that my laptop CRASHED during the night last night while doing one last backup before I left (just in case something happened when I was there).  Little did I expect that this would happen while still at home!  Well, that pretty much rattled my nerves, but I took many deep breaths to remind myself this is simply a huge inconvenience and nothing more.  No one is hurt, everyone is safe...it`s just a broken PC!  I will figure out how to get it fixed with my IBM colleagues in Senegal.

I`m just going to hang on and enjoy the ride...and expect the unexpected!!

#ibmcsc senegal

1 comment: